*These are the general Paddle Out LOUD FAQ’s. If you’re looking for location-specific information, you’ll find this on the individual event pages.
Is there a dress code?
Yes! The Dress code is LOUD. We want to see bright neon colours and crazy outfits. Anything goes, the louder the better!
Do I have to be good at SUPing/kayaking/canoeing/other form of paddling?
The event is open to all abilities but you will need to be relatively competent on your choice of craft and not doing it for the first time. On the day, we will put you in a paddle group based on your craft and your ability so you’re all likely to be going at the same pace. You’ll also need to be a competent swimmer.
If I don’t have my own craft, can I still take part?
Not necessarily. Location depending there will be SUP or Kayaks available to hire and they can be pre-paid and secured when registering for the paddle. However, we must state that they are on a first come first serve basis. If you would prefer to bring your own SUP or Kayak that is fine!
What can I paddle on? Can I make my own craft?
Depending on the location, you can paddle on anything that involves paddling such as a stand-up paddleboard, kayak or rescue board. In some locations, you’ll be able to paddle on pretty much anything you can paddle, but for some of our open-sea paddles, you’ll need to have something more standard to make sure you stay safe!
Can I enter as part of a team?
Yes you can form teams when you register. You can even pre-pay or pre-register for your other team members (although they will still need to complete the final part of the registration and agree to the terms and conditions).
Is there an age limit?
Yes, participants need to be at least fourteen years old on the day of the event, BUT anyone under 18 will need permission from their parent or guardian and must be fit enough and able to complete the paddle unassisted. The final decision will lie with the safety team on the day of the event, but please give us a ring on 01637 820830 before you register if you’re unsure because once you have paid your registration fee we’re unable to refund it.
What are the safety precautions?
We will have Inshore Rescue Boat cover on the day as well as marshals who are qualified lifeguards. However, you are still responsible for your own safety and must be fit and able to complete the whole paddle unassisted.
How do I fundraise for this event?
When you register, you will also be able to set up a Just Giving page and you will be able to get people to donate and sponsor you through there. This year we would love our individuals to aim to raise £50 and our fundraising teams to raise £100.
Is there a minimum amount I have to raise?
No, any amount you raise is fantastic but we’re sure you’re going to smash the targets!
Can I come and spectate?
Yes! We welcome families and friends who are not doing the actual paddle to come and cheer participants on! You won’t be able to follow along with the paddle but you’re welcome to watch from dry land.
*These are the general Paddle Out LOUD FAQ’s. If you’re looking for location-specific information, you’ll find this on the individual event pages. If you cannot find the answers on the website, please feel free to email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Paddle Out LOUD Terms and Conditions
Please make sure you read these terms and conditions carefully before you sign to say you accept them. These terms and conditions have legal consequences, they will affect your legal rights and will limit your ability to bring future legal actions.
Paddle Out LOUD is a charity paddle event organised by, and raising money for, The Wave Project. The Wave Project is a registered charity in England and Wales. Registered Charity Number: 1163421.
Terms & Conditions
1. The participant (Participant) in Paddle Out LOUD (the Event) acknowledges and agrees that these terms and conditions are subject to change from time to time at the discretion of The Wave Project without notice to the Participant.
Agreement Waiver and Indemnity
2. In consideration of acceptance of my entry in the Event, I declare that: I hereby waive release and discharge all and every claim, right or cause of action (including for negligence, for breach of contract or breach of Statute) for which I might have or which arises out of my death, injury, damage or loss of any description which I may suffer or sustain as the result of my participation in the Event.
3. This waiver release and discharge shall operate jointly and severally in favour of The Wave Project and its respective directors, contractors, employees and volunteers including medical and safety personnel appointed for the Event, event stakeholders, the owners, licensees and occupiers of land/waterways upon which the Event or any part of it is conducted, any statutory body or local authority having control over any land/waterways upon which the Event or any part of it is conducted, Event sponsors, supporters, persons, corporations, contractors, sub-contractors, volunteers, servants and employees involved or otherwise engaged in promoting, staging, administering, running or controlling the Event.
4. I agree to indemnify and keep indemnified the Indemnified Parties against all actions, suits, demands, claims, proceedings, costs, expenses, liabilities and judgements whatsoever (including without limitation for negligence, breach of contract and/or breach of statute) arising out of or in relation to my participation in the Event. This indemnity may be pleaded as a bar to any action, claim, demand, suit or legal proceedings. The releases, waivers and indemnities in this document continue forever and bind my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
5. I declare, as a condition of entry into the Event, that I have undertaken sufficient training for the Event and that I am not aware of any illness, injury, physical disability or impairment which may cause me injury or death during, or as a consequence of, Event participation.
6. I agree to accept full responsibility to inform myself and assess all the dangers, hazards and risks of entry in the Event and rely solely on my own assessment of these dangers, hazards and risks before participating in the Event. The decision to participate is entirely my own and I accept all risks associated with participation in the Event, including but not limited to loss of life and/or any injury including without limitation any permanent injury.
7. I agree to abide by all Event terms and conditions. I understand that I must follow the approved course and obey all directions and instructions given by Event officials and the safety team.
8. I acknowledge that my craft must be deemed safe by the Event safety team before starting the event. Their decision is final.
9. I consent to receive such medical aid or preventative treatment which may be deemed advisable at the discretion of Event safety staff in the event of any injury accident or illness to me during my participation in the Event.
10. The Wave Project reserves the right, in its discretion, to reject or cancel my entry at any time, including without limitation for safety or insurance reasons, or if, in the opinion of The Wave Project, I am unable to complete the Event within the cut-off times. The Wave Project will not be obliged to refund any portion of the entry fee in such circumstances.
11. The Wave Project reserves the right to change or modify any part of the Event including the date, course and location at any time and from time to time. Details of any such changes will be published via the Event website, facebook page, email and/or other means.
12. Spectators may not enter the water or follow along with the Event.
13. I acknowledge that The Wave Project or its representative may remove me from the Event area and/or exclude me from participation in the Event if in The Wave Project’s sole opinion it is necessary to do so (a) if my behaviour is inappropriate, offensive, or abusive, (b) to prevent damage to any property, (c) on medical or health and safety grounds (including to prevent possible harm or injury to myself and/or any other person). The Wave Project will not be obliged to refund any portion of the entry fee in such circumstances.
14. Alcohol & Drugs: I agree that I will not be under the influence of alcohol or any non-prescription drugs during my participation in the the Event.
Registration and Payments
15. Your registration fee covers the cost of organising and running your event and this fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
16. Only entries submitted on the official entry form online will be accepted. The information on how to enter and the details about the Event forms part of these terms and conditions of entry.
17. I agree that registration in the Event is personal to me and that no other person is permitted to participate in the Event in my place unless I have completed the relevant transfer procedure.
18. If a person-to-person transfer option is made available (in The Wave Project’s discretion), I consent to paying the administration fee at the time of transfer.
19. I acknowledge that I, nor any of my sponsors, will not be entitled to any refund if the Event is cancelled for any reason.
Publicity and Marketing
20. I consent to the publication and/or use in any form of media whatsoever of my name, image, likeness, voice, statement or otherwise without prior notice, payment or compensation.
21. I consent to The Wave Project entering my personal details contained on this entry form into a database which will be used for the administration of the Event, including to SMS Event information to me if I have provided a mobile phone number. Unless otherwise indicated by me during the online registration process, I also consent to my personal details being used by The Wave Project Events for future marketing and promotional purposes.
22. I declare that all the information supplied by me on this entry form is true and correct.
23. I certify that I am 18 years or older, or that I am the parent/legal guardian of the Participant who is under the age of 18 years, and I have read this document and fully understand it. As a parent or legal guardian, I agree to these terms and conditions for and on behalf of the Participant.
Indemnity in respect of persons under 18 years
24. In consideration of the Event agreeing at my request to accept the entry of a minor race participant I agree for myself, the Participant, their heirs, executors and administrators to indemnify and keep indemnified the Indemnified Parties against all actions, suits, claims, proceedings, demands, cost, expenses, liabilities or judgements which the Participant and/or I may have against the Indemnified Parties but for the terms of this agreement in respect of any death, injury, damage or loss sustained by the Participant as the result of the Participant’s participation in the Event. I affirm that I have full authority on behalf of all living parents and/or guardians to sign this Indemnity AND that this indemnity may be pleaded as a bar to any action claim demand suit or legal proceedings.
25. The Wave Project reserves the right to cancel the Event at any time if The Wave Project considers in its sole discretion this is required due to any sort of dangerous conditions and/or force majeure. In the event of cancellation, there will be NO REFUND of entry fee or sponsorship and the cancelled Event may not necessarily be re-scheduled. A decision will be made ASAP on the Event day and broadcast by text and/or email and via the Event website and Facebook.